“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual.
- We collect personal information when you register an account to become a Newton Seed user (“User”), such as your name, e-mail, country, location, occupation and a password.
- When you use this site, we automatically receive certain information, including your IP address, your type of browser and your ISP. We may also receive information about sites you have visited immediately before and after you visit this site.
- We use personal information you provide to conduct our business, administer your account with us and customise the service we provide to you. We may also send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the Newton Seed website.
- In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to conduct our business;
- to provide and market our products and services to you;
- to provide joint marketing initiatives with other providers;
- to communicate with you;
- to enable you to purchase goods or services from us;
- to help us manage and enhance our services;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- to third parties who perform services for us relating to your account or order (e.g. couriers or credit agencies)
- to our professional advisors (who are bound by confidentiality)
- where we are required to do so by any law, governmental or regulatory agency or body
- to anyone else you have authorised us to.
- We provide you with the means to control whether or not your contact information is shared with another User.
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure (for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records).
- We cannot guarantee that any data transmission over the internet is 100% secure, although added security is given through the use of our online secure credit card processing system.
- We will use our best endeavours to protect your personal information, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us via email, your use of the website or through any site linked with our website.
- We may retain your credit card information to assist with future orders. Please ensure that you do not divulge your account password to anyone, so that your credit card and other details are not made available to third parties.
- You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold and to correct or delete any information. If you wish to do so, please contact us at the address specified below. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require to access, correct or delete. A fee may be charged for this. If a fee is to be charged, we will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
- We may not be able to remove entirely personal information that is held in backup systems, or due to other technical or legal constraints.
- You should ensure that you have the most up to date version by refreshing your browser each time you visit our site.
If you have any questions about privacy related issues, or wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact us at Newton Seed
PO Box 13523
Phone: (09) 636 4918
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, phone 0800 803 909, privacy.org.nz
Policy dated: April 2022